I’m always excited to see the little rectangular dialoge box on the upper righthand corner of my Dashboard light up orange. It means someone took the time to write me a comment and I can’t tell you how much I enjoy interacting with you guys. It’s honestly one of the most rewarding aspects of blogging – getting to know some of you and creating community. So I got a thrill this morning when I saw the “indicator light” was on and eagerly clicked it with nervous anticipation.
What greeted me was a very pleasant surprise from my pal Back To First Position. She wrote:
I just wanted to let you know I really enjoy your blog and it has been inspirational to me and I think it’s great! So I have nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. It’s just a blogger-to-blogger pay it forward kinda thing to recognize other bloggers who we feel are great at what they do and deserve some recognition. Have a great day!
Well my goodness! What a kind gesture!
The Liebster Award is a pay-it-forward way to recognize blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is a German word that means beloved and valued. There are a few versions of it floating around the blogosphere. Some say to nominate 3 to 5 fellow bloggers and stipulate less than 3000 followers. It’s nothing official, there are no judges or awards, but it is, I think, a pretty nifty and special thing to do for someone whose blog you enjoy. Anyways, the version bestowed upon me this morning has rules as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog.
- List 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate.
- Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate and include links to their blogs.
- Go to each bloggers page and let them know you have nominated them.
I’m flattered and happy to participate so here we go!
1. Easy! Thank you Back to First!!!! Go Here To Read This Awesome Blog.
2. Eleven Random Facts About The Biggest Girl In The Ballroom
When I was a kid I had a white rabbit named Alexa
There is a samurai sword in my living room. It’s not actually sharp but I earned it by completing a series of personal growth and mastery workshops. Real samurai swords are so sharp and strong because the metal is beaten and folded upon itself upwards of 80,000 times in the forge, and just like that samurai sword, every life experience is another bending and pounding which, strengthens, sharpens, and hones me to be an instrument of authenticity. It symbolizes cutting through the illusions, projections, and self-limiting beliefs that obscure authenticity and the greatness inherent in every human being. Whoa, that was kinda deep lol.
I know how to make balloon animals. My best creature is probably a parrot on a perch.
I was voted most likely to be the next Martha Stewart by my high school class. How very little they knew me! I’m messy!!
My favorite color is green. Always has been.
I have a scar on my left knee from when I fell in my grandparents’ backyard on some stone steps and ended up needing stitches.
I have an awesome laugh. It is big and loud and full from the belly. People often comment on it. In fact, I recorded myself laughing in one of those recordable cards and mailed it to a friend who was always cheered by it. She still has the card to this day and listens to it often, or so she tells me!
My grandpa nicknamed me “Blueberry” as a kid because I wiped out an entire carton of blueberries one day when I was ravenous after a trip to the grocery store. I was probably 5 or so.
I’m pretty good a word games.
I’m a Taurus. In fact, my birthday is coming up very soon!
3. Answer the questions given to me
- Why did you start writing your blog?
My husband was sick of me talking about ballroom dancing!
- What is the most fun thing for you about your blog?
Meeting readers in person and loaning my dress to one. All the friends I’ve made. Getting Editor’s Choice from Dance Advantage was pretty dang sweet, too!
- How much time do you spend on your blog weekly?
Depends on the week! Usually a few hours but it is a labor of love. I really enjoy writing.
- What is your happiest memory?
Probably a tie between being surrounded by so many loved ones on my wedding day and my birthday party last year, again surrounded by friends and family but it also included dancing! I was in heaven!
- Can you drive a stick shift?
Nope! Sure can’t!
- Can you pat your head and rub your stomach at the same time?
Yes. But I think most people can…right?
- What has surprised you the most about having a blog?
That so many people connected with what I have to say, and how much support they were willing to give me, a stranger.
- What was the last movie you saw?
That one with Tom Cruise and the cool space ships on future earth where he is the “clean up crew.” I forgot the name of it but it was pretty good lol!
- What is your favorite ballet?
I’m guessing it would be Alice in Wonderland, though I haven’t seen it yet! It looks absolutely amazing. Basically, I love any ballet but I’ve only ever seen The Nutcracker live and a few shows with excerpts from multiple ballets. I love the romantic ones like Sleeping Beauty and Romeo and Juliet and Swan Lake.
- Who is your favorite ballet dancer?
Who else?! Baryshnikov!
- Can you do the splits?
4. Create 11 questions for the bloggers I nominate
- Which of your blog posts is your favorite? Why?
- What is the best thing about you?
- What is your biggest accomplishment in life?
- Who is your hero? Who do you look up to?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What superhero power would you choose to have if you could have one?
- What is your most prized possession?
- What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
- If you could spend 1 hour with anyone who ever lived, who would it be and why?
- Have you ever broken a bone? How?
- Captain Picard or Captain Kirk?
5. Choose 11 bloggers….
Well, I’m pretty sure Tracy Fulks has way more than 200 readers but her blog is exceptional and I just want to share it. Tracy Fulks